St Andrews is a student led church for students. As such, there are many projects that are often beyond the financial and skilled resources of the regular attenders. Those who would like to contribute to sustaining the ministry may do so financially or through gifts of time and talents. Below are a number of current projects that would contribute greatly to the ministry. If you have an interest or ability to help with any of these items, the St Andrews community would be grateful! Please contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics or to volunteer to undertake one of these projects.
Normal Building Projects
The St. Andrews building is an older building that was not designed for today’s world. While discussions are underway for a major building renovation/replacement, there are many smaller projects that could improve the building for ministry today.
- Weed and haul away yardwaste (check north side of building for old yardwaste/trash)
- Paint basement bathrooms and hallway leading to said bathrooms
- Figure out the basement light switches, some seem to do nothing. Is there something that can be done to make getting to those basement bathrooms easier if all of the lights are off and you can’t find light switches – emergency or direction lights of some sort?
- Freshen up the AA room, paint, different furniture
- Remove the ‘step’ that raises the altar area and lay new floor that blends with the rest of the worship area flooring. Removing the step improves/increases accessibility.